Recent Community Posts
New Insurance CE Classes - Sept 11, 2018
Sign up now!
SERVPRO of Dubuque Insurance CE Classes
SERVPRO of Dubuque is hosting another round of CE classes at our office on September 11, 2018.
The morning class 21st Century Ethics will begin promptly at 9:00 AM and run until Lunch
3 Ethics CE credits, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois
The afternoon class Essentials of Legal Liability and Insured Status will begin after lunch at 1:00 PM and finish at 5:00 PM
4 CE credits, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois
Date: 09/11/2018 (Tue.)
Location: 10479 Timothy St Dubuque, IA 52003
Click on the link to signup:
Hot Topic! Hot Pepper Eating Contest at SERVPRO!
A variety of peppers. Some of which we are going to be eating!
Hot Topic! We are considering having a hot pepper eating contest on Facebook live in the near future. Katie Marie brought in Carolina Reapers and other hot peppers. We want to reach out to our customers and see if you would:
1 Like to come out and be part of the event
2 Like to see it in person at our shop.
3 Just like to view it online.
4 Have nothing to do with it because we are crazy!
5 Wait and make it part of our CE Class snacks for our local insurance agents....
Please comment your selection and/or suggestions!
There will be prizes given out, maybe to the person who eats them all, maybe for the person who guesses the winner, maybe for lots of other categories that I haven't thought up yet!
If you don't respond to the Facebook Post or the Twitter Post or call us, you won't know for sure!
Come on and cheer on your favorite SERVPRO employee, customer or business partner that participates! Either online or in person!
Watch Facebook (SERVPRO of Dubuque, Dubuque SERVPRO) or Twitter (@SERVPRODubuque) for more info, participants and details.
New CE Classes September 12, 2017 at SERVPRO of Dubuque
Insurance CE Classes at SERVPRO of Dubuque
SERVPRO of Dubuque CE Classes: CE Class Sign UpSERVPRO of Dubuque CE ClassesCE Class Sign Up
Below you will find 2 classes that we will be hosting on September 12th, 2017. Class times and details are also listed below. Sign up is required before the classes and seating is limited to 33 people per class.
Todd Davis of Davis Insurance Agency will be teaching these classes again. Most of our agents and adjusters have been to one of Todd's classes and he always gets the BEST reviews. If you have not been to one of our CE classes with Todd instructing, you are missing out.
There will be a one hour break between classes. Water and snacks will be available.
8AM-noon 4 hours - ABC's of Ethics (IA # - 86520)
1PM-5PM 4 hours - Agent's Guide to Claims, Principles, and Practices
( IA # - 101353 and IL # - 6000004202)
Date: 09/12/2017 (Tue.)
Location: SERVPRO of Dubuque, 10479 Timothy Street, Dubuque IA 52003
There is no cost to attend our CE classes this session. Registration must be done online at the link below.
Resolve to be Ready in 2017
SERVPRO Urges Dubuque Home and Business Owners to “Resolve to be Ready” in 2017
Local cleanup and restoration specialist shares no-cost emergency planning tools that enable fast and effective disaster response and recovery
While resolutions typically involve committing to personal changes and reaching goals, SERVPRO says the single most important resolution both business and home owners can make for 2017 is to “Resolve to be Ready.”
“Preparing in advance to deal with the unexpected can make a world of difference in how quickly and completely property owners can put the pieces of their lives back together,” says Todd Wiedenman. “Emergency readiness plans are the foundation for effective and timely emergency response.”
Wiedenman encourages all property owners to take advantage of the no-cost emergency planning tools available from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (www.ready.gov/publications), as well as SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile and READY Plan Mobile App (http://ready.SERVPRO.com).
- FEMA resources include guidelines for a creating a Family Emergency Plan and Emergency Supply List, with additional tips for pet owners, seniors, people with disabilities, and even commuters.
- SERVPRO offers their free SERVPRO READY Plan app, which stores critical contact and property information electronically in advance, where it can be accessed with a mobile device in seconds if disaster strikes.
For business owners:
- FEMA offers materials on topics ranging from creating a Business Continuity Plan to an Insurance Discussion Coverage Form in addition to guidelines for creating an Emergency Response Plan.
- For businesses, SERVPRO offers a no-cost facility assessment and assistance in creating a comprehensive Emergency READY Profile® (ERP). The ERP includes information about emergency contact numbers, priority and high/risk areas, shut-off valve locations and more that can then be stored in the READY app.
“The time to gather and store information like emergency contact numbers; insurance contacts; and the location of fuse boxes, fire suppression system controls, and such is before an emergency strikes, not during an emergency,” says Wiedenman. “Having this information at your fingertips can help emergency responders react as quickly and effectively as possible, helping to limit loss of property and even lives.”
SERVPRO of Dubuque specializes in disaster restoration, cleanup and repair services, helping to remediate damage, making it “Like it never even happened,” for both commercial and residential customers. For more information on SERVPRO of Dubuque, please contact us at (563) 584-2242 or marketing@SERVPROdubuque.com. For more information on the SERVPRO mobile app and the SERVPRO Emergency READY Program, please visit www.ready.SERVPRO.com.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO’s professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss events. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.
Holiday Safety Tips
Lights, candles, trees and decorations are just a few of the fun and festive items that come to mind during the holiday season – however, if not used properly your holidays may go from merry to miserable.
Although Christmas tree fires are not that common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious fires. The American Red Cross offers the following safety tips to greatly reduce the risk of a fire in your home or business.
‘Tis the season to make sure you are following proper safety tips.
- Place Christmas trees, candles and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents and candles.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always unplug the tree and holiday lights before leaving the property or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree. Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to tip over. Keep curious pets and children away from the Christmas tree.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire – pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains – away from your stove top.
- Designate one person to walk around your property to ensure all candles and smoking materials are properly extinguished after guests leave.
What happens if a disaster strikes your home or business during the holidays? Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle; give SERVPRO of Dubuque a call at 563-584-2242. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, because we know that disasters cannot wait.
SERVPRO of Dubuque hopes your holidays are safe, merry, and bright!