“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
The process of mold remediation or mold removal is not done with the goal of completely removing all of the mold and associated spores from a home. Any instances of visible mold growth should be removed. That could be achieved by cleaning, if the affected surface is non-porous, or might require removal of materials if they are porous or semi-porous. Airborne mold spores are present in the air nearly everywhere and in all seasons of the year. Therefore, a mold free home is not attainable, the goal is to return a home to a state of Normal Fungal Ecology. The mold remediation professionals at SERVPRO of Dubuque utilize the latest techniques and equipment to achieve Normal Fungal Ecology. To determine if the home or building has returned to Normal Fungal Ecology, we enlist the help of an IEP (Indoor Environmental Professional), like those at MB Mold & Air Quality Testing.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (563) 584-2242
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (563) 584-2242
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Dubuque is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: